Photographs- Nickelback

Saturday, November 3, 2007

No work

I was done taking my exams and now is my time to practice my skills and find work. At first, I thought of teaching in care giving school or nursing school because they have a good salary but I really want to practice as a Nurse that’s why now I am between two opposing forces. If I want to earn, my choice is to teach in a care giving school because I don’t need any training and I prefer teaching in care giving school than teaching nursing student because I don’t need Masteral(requirement-post graduate course) which will be additional stress in my empty pocket. On the other hand, In hospital, In order to be employ I need to undergo training and what I don’t like is I need to pay the institution for my training which is supposed to be they are the one who needs to pay me because I’m going to work for them and they will benefit from me. It’s really a big problem for me because I want to work to earn money but it’s the opposite and they are the one who’s going to earn from me if I will apply in hospital. Also, I called almost all hospital in Manila (Philippines) and unfortunately most of them were no vacancy and some stop hiring perhaps because of their long waiting list of employee waiting to be train and employ. October 31, I passed my resume to a care giving school and hopefully they would call me back as soon as possible. I do have good rating in my local board exam and grades when I was in college and that’s one of the reasons I am qualified in their criteria. On the same day, my plan was to apply for work in either care giving school or hospital so, I do have choices to choose from. After passing my credentials to a care giving school, I went to orthopedic hospital to pass my credential but when I checked their requirements, they have additional requirements which I don’t have. I thought I brought all the necessary requirements I needed in applying but I was wrong and it cause me delay. I was supposed to go to the other hospitals to apply but instead I went home and called them to ask their requirements so, I would not waste my time and fair. Each hospital has different requirements and I made a correct choice when I went home. Now, I am waiting for Monday because that’s the time that offices and classes will resume after holiday. I am hoping that I can find work as soon as possible because I want to be productive.