Photographs- Nickelback

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Im back from ielts

I need IELT's to be combined with my CGFNS for my papers to be processed going to US. I am bound for US and the passing rate is a total band score of 6.5 but in speaking the standard passing score is 7. It doesnt matter what is your score in reading, listening and writing as long as you can achieve a total score of 6.5(including speaking).
I took my IELTS exam 2 days ago in Baguio City. 2 days prior to my exam I asked my friends in Baguio about hotel where I can stay for 1 day and I also checked the internet to look for hotel so I have many choices to choose. I list down all the hotels I found and called each of them to asked for details like accommodation fee, available rooms, availability of television, hot shower, and blah blah blah. Im planning to stay for 1 day only but all of them have a cut off time of 1200 pm. Since my speaking exam was 1830 I have no choice but to extend my time. If I will extend my time I will be charge for P100 per hour and my plan was to leave Baguio by 2200 because that is the only time closest to 1900 where my exam will be done. All in all I need to pay additional fee which is kinda expensive, I paid 2 days accommodation instead because It was cheaper than paying additional P1000 for 10 hours extension. I packed all the necessary things I need, Im wearing eye glass now because this past few months my eyes were frequently irritated so I brought my contact lenses because the owner of the review center where I reviewed told me not to wear my eye glass in my interview(I dont know and I didnt even ask), my alarm clock that is irritating because it is very loud to make sure that I will wake up in the morning, wax for my hair and blah blah blah. I left Manila 0730 oct24 and arrived 1400 in Baguio. I left earlier so I have plenty of time to relax from my tiring trip and also I hate rushing. I went directly in my hotel and I liked it because it is located in the center of Baguio. I was sleepy but i didnt sleep because I want to have a good sleep at night. I went to MRLRC (marlon labagnoy review center) and gave my sister's gift to her friend there and visited my dorm in San Roque to checked my friends I met when I stayed there 4 months ago. I ate my dinner in KFC facing the transparent glass outside looking for people walking. I smoke after(i know, im not suppose to smoke) and went to the opposite side and bought water and bread as my breakfast tomorrow. I was looking for cinnamon bread but I cant find one and instead bought brownies slice and creamy peanut butter roller. I dropped by in Cathedral but it was already close and walked into my hotel which is 2 blocks from the Cathedral. I red until 2400 to lessen my anxiety and tried to sleep but I didnt had a good sleep. My eyes were close but I was not, I listened to music but still ineffective.
I heard a loud alarm and thought of a fire but I realized that it was the alarm clock I brought. I prepared and went to my testing center. I was in the entrance of the building, I checked my pocket to make sure I have my pencil, eraser, and sharpener. It was gone, I gasped and checked it again in my pocket for several times. I didnt found it and I thought of only one possible place where I left it and it was the cab. I looked for the cab I rode and I saw it not so far away. I didnt know what to do, I stand and think for 5 seconds if I will chase it or I will chase it because If I will buy another pencil, eraser, and sharpener I will surely be late. Buying another materials was not an option because according to IELT's "late comers will not be accepted in the testing center". The cab was moving while I was standing and the distance was becoming huge. There were two pathway for the cab. If the cab turned right I dont have any chance of getting my belongings but if it turned left I do have chance because the front of the building is oval and the entrance gate is in the middle part at the side. It turned left , I didnt waste my time and dashed into the otherside so I can intercept the cab. I was able to intercept the cab and checked the seat but it was not there. I felt week, I searched again and luckily it was there and found it in the floor. I was drenching into sweat because of the adrenaline in dashing and the feeling when I found it. We started taking the listening first, followed by reading and writing. In listening, the audio encountered some technical problems and cause some delay. By 1200, we finished the exam and I immediately went to session road to eat my lunch. My mind changed and went to SM(shopping mall) instead where I have variety of fast food to choose, also, to visit my friend working in one of the botique in SM. I again end up into KFC, I visited my friend but he was not there so I just went to church then went home after. I rested for a bit and read again. By 1700, I was already prepared but I was still reading since my speaking was 1825. When I looked into my cellphone, one of the staff in IELT's texted me and told me to go in testing center immediately because my turn for interview was near. I didnt heard my cellphone because it was in the silent mode, I turned it to silent mode because I didnt want to be distracted in my reading. Instead of helping me to concentrate
, it was the opposite. I was again end up dashing and when I arrived I rested for 5 minutes then, I had my speaking. I practiced for my introduction a lot but the interviewer didnt ask me much about that part. When I was done, I stayed for 5 minutes then left. I left together with 3 other examinee who also took their speaking exams because of the scarcity in cab that time. We were dropped into session road and went to our separate ways. I bought water and immediately went to hotel to contact my friend named "M"to invite him to go out. I ate my dinner before heading back to my friend. I went there and my friend "M" was not there. His place is a boarding house and my friend "P" who is the owner's grandson of the boarding house and our friends entertained me. I joined their boarders who were really cool and funny. I stayed there until morning watching them in their gambling game. I was supposed to go home by 2200 of oct25 but I stayed because I also missed Baguio and my friends there. I went to my hotel by 0700 and left Baguio. I was sleepy and seems unconscious in the bus because I was up the whole night and morning. I was home and still continued sleeping. The result will be out within 13 days, hopefully I will pass it also as I passed my other exams. Next step is working, earning money and supporting myself in NCLEX.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! thanks for this!